Thank you for your interest in working at the Foss Park District. We think you will find our approach to hospitality to be different from other operations in the market, and we think this can be our secret to success. We believe the way to achieve the kind of business environment we want is to create a trusting relationship with our staff. In this atmosphere, both staff and company can work out difficulties and make decisions together.
We are not just another service company, and we are not looking for just another applicant. This letter will give you some ideas of what to expect and how to proceed from here.
1. All applicants must begin with the Employment Inquiry. Take this inquiry; give it some thought and take your time with it. Be sure to fill it out completely.
2. Position Sought: Please write down the position being sought so that the appropriate Department will get the Employment Inquiry. We do not have an "OPEN” or "ANY” position available.
3. When you have completed the Employment Inquiry, it must be returned to the Business Department, in turn it will be passed on to the appropriate Department Head for consideration. You will be contacted by the Department for which you are applying to move ahead with the application process.
4. We will verify all information given to us on the application. Any false or misleading statements will
disqualify you from consideration, no matter how talented you may be.
5. We are committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace. This means we do not tolerate the possession of drugs or alcohol, nor do we permit our staff to work under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
6. We will verify all of your references. If we cannot check your references, we cannot consider you for employment. By signing the application you give us permission to check your references.
7. We take staff selection very seriously. We will not take a "warm body” to quickly fill a vacancy. If you are good enough to become part of the team, you are an outstanding individual.
8. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we select only qualified applicants for every position. We will not discourage you from applying for any position you feel qualified for. We will make selections based on what strengths you bring to our team and how you will fit into our operating style. We are looking for people committed to professional excellence and exceptional guest service, which will make a positive contribution to our company for as long as we choose to work together.
9. We expect you to take an active role in your own success and the success of your co-workers. Toward this end, it will be part of your job responsibilities to help train your co-workers for positions of higher skill and responsibility.
10. We will regularly monitor your performance so you know how you are doing.
11. Our success comes from exceeding our guest’s expectations every time, and earning their regular
patronage. Everything in our company is focused on achieving this goal. We do not believe in creating
more rules or structure than necessary.
Thank you again for your interest and your time.