MISSION & GOALS
Foss Park District - Mission and Goals
Our Commitment to You!
The Foss Park District is committed to providing parks, recreation, services and facilities to our culturally diverse population through the resources of community involvement, dedicated staff and sound management.
An innovative park district that adapts to our community and provides exceptional parks, recreation, and services.
• Accountability…We will work to achieve the most effective and efficient use of our financial resources while striving for the best return on the use of our assets.
• Excellence…We will strive for the best in everything we do.
• Integrity…We will practice steadfast adherence to a high moral and ethical code, and we will reliably deliver on what we say we are going to do.
• Service Oriented…We will focus our efforts on our customers and will operate the District based on the needs of the community.
• Working Together…The Board and staff will use a collaborative and cooperative team based approach that results in the best possible decisions for the greater good of the community.
In FY 2011/2012, the Foss Park District is developing a strategic planning process including a 5 year plan. The process relies heavily on community, Park Board, and staff perspectives and their knowledge of the North Chicago community. In addition, this strategic plan is being framed around existing initiatives the District has undertaken.
Align Programs with Community Needs
Provide Communication Tools that Welcome and Attract Residents
Develop Flexible Pricing Strategies
Prudent Financial Planning
Increase Program and Facility Revenue
Internal Business Theme:
Maintaining Operational Quality
Build Strategic Alliances
Develop Sustainable Practices
Employee Learning and Growth Theme:
Create Job Value
Training Approaches for Educated Staff
Employee Learning and Growth Theme: Sound Management
Quality Decision Making